Event / Tent Inspection & Permit Application Instructions and Submission Form
Please Read All Instructions before Submitting Application.
- Read all instructions and fill out the Form Below.
- Pay the Application Fee is $175.00. This can be paid by a check made out to East Grand Fire or on-line through the CO State Pay Portal. Checks can be made payable to East Grand Fire and dropped off or mailed to: East Grand Fire PO Box 2967 Winter Park, CO 80482.
Please Click Here to Pay the Fee On-Line.
- Please drop off or email a site map of the tent location (in regards to other building locations, streets, walkways, Fire Department fixtures or connections and exits of buildings and tent), as well as a map of any fixtures (tables, chairs, external heaters, fuel, cooking stations, etc…)
- Please drop off or email a Flame Resistant Certificate for the applicable tent along with a snow load rating.
- Please use email@example.com to email your documents. Make sure you indicate the name of the event / location of tent in email subject line.
An Onsite Inspection MUST be Performed by
East Grand Fire Prior to Occupancy of Temporary Structures.
Please Call (970) 726-5824 to Set Up an Inspection after Full Application Submittal.
General Instructions and Information:
Temporary structures (tents, canopy, membrane structures, awnings) over 200sf will require a permit from East Grand Fire, and will be required to meet or exceed standards set forth in IBC 2015, IFC 2015, NFPA 1, NFPA 101, NFPA 701, in addition to other life safety concerns the Fire Prevention Bureau found below.
- Tents / Structures may not be in place for more than 180 days.
- Membrane structures shall be 20’ from any internal combustion engines including generators.
- Membrane structures shall not be placed in areas that prevent Fire Department access and shall not be located within 20’ of lot lines, buildings, other tent or membrane structures, parked vehicles or internal combustion engines. Support ropes and guy wires shall be considered as part of the temporary membrane structure or tent.
- All tents, canopies, and temporary membrane structures must be flame retardant or treated with an approved flame retardant. Floor coverings and other decorative materials must be flame retardant or treated with an approved flame-retardant material. Hay, straw or similar material is prohibited inside.
- Copy of flame retardant material certification must be on file with the Fire Marshal’s office.
- 2A:10BC rated fire extinguishers are required for all permitted tents, canopies and temporary membrane structures. Extinguishers are required to be secured between 4” and 60”. Extinguisher signage is required to be “conspicuous”.
- Exits need to be provided so that all occupants are within 100’ or less from an exit. The number of exits shall be in accordance with the International Fire Code, Table 3103.12.2.
- Exits shall not be obstructed in any manner including trip hazards.
- Exit signs shall be provided at all exits in an enclosed tent or membrane structure.
- Exit signs and means of egress shall be illuminated when the tent or temporary membrane structure is occupied.
- No Smoking sings shall be posted inside and outside of temporary structure.Fireworks, open flames, and devices capable of igniting combustible materials shall not be used inside a tent, canopy, or temporary membrane structure.
- Portable heaters shall not have their flame source inside the tent, canopy, or temporary membrane structure.
- Propane cylinders shall not be within 10’ of the tent, canopy, or temporary membrane structure. Cylinders shall be secured in a manner to prevent movement, damage and protection from vehicles.
- Additional requirements may be imposed on applicant due to the specific use and types of membrane structure as per Chapter 31 of the International Fire Code and other applicable rules and/or policies of the East Grand Fire Protection District #4.
- During winter months, Snow Load ratting will need to meet local snow load, or owner will need to have a plan in place to remove snow during occupied times.
- This permit shall be posted within the membrane structure for which this permit applies, and shall not be transferable. Any changes in use, occupancy, operation or ownership shall require a new permit.